SoTO Game Making Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SoTO Game Making Group

Discuss and create a future project.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good news...I think?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FoxHawx
Newb
Newb
FoxHawx

Good news...I think? Empty
PostSubject: Good news...I think?   Good news...I think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:18 am

Ok, I had a recent little vacation. And, I did some thinking (aw ow).

So heres the backstory, I'm homeschoooled. Which means I have quite a bit more free time than the average student. I was thinking about my hobbies. Soccer and playing guitar. These are my passions. However, soccer is only twice a year, and guitar hurts your fingers after awhile xD.

Thus begins my search for a new hobby. I thought about some pretty weird things. And then last night, I was reading this book. It's called Little Brother and is by Cory Doctorow. It's nothing deep, I found it in the Young Adult secion at my local library. It's about this seventeen year old kid, that is mistaken for a terrorist. He's wrongly imprisoned, and when he gets out hes being watched. So he wants to get back at a corrupt government.

Now, I am not a "Anti-government" person. This book talks about things against my beliefs. However, I found the whole thing rather believable. This kid is some tech smart programmer guy. I never really thought of programming before, I always considered it to be rather geeky, and I'd leave it up to the other people. However, this book really showed me how useful, and interesting it can really be.

Therefore, last night, when I couldn't sleep at like 2 AM. I had just finished that book, and I started to look up some programming basics. This morning, I drove up to Barnes and Nobles and bought a few books on the subject.

In short, I'm attempting at taking up programming. Wish me luck Wink

[/end rant]

~Foxeh
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

PostSubject: Re: Good news...I think?   Good news...I think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:18 am

sweet Very Happy (I know what it's like to be home schooled, which is what enabled me to get into lighting believe it or not Wink ) programing, suposibly geeky, but is actually really usefull Smile (btw, if you haven't already, download blender from www.blender.org it's free and can help you with almost any 3D file conversions that you might need)
Back to top Go down
FoxHawx
Newb
Newb
FoxHawx

PostSubject: Re: Good news...I think?   Good news...I think? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:37 pm

Ok so, I've stuck with it so far. It's going slow, and I make mistakes often. But, I'm sticking with it nonetheless. I've found I really enjoy programming, kinda surprised me hahah.
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

PostSubject: Re: Good news...I think?   Good news...I think? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:18 pm

just keep on keeping on Smile (coolburn is back! WOOT!)
Back to top Go down
FoxHawx
Newb
Newb
FoxHawx

PostSubject: Re: Good news...I think?   Good news...I think? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:04 pm

So, when you live in a hick town like Moyock...the internet service is unreliable to say the least.
Hahah

It went out for upwards of a week, and I spent the rest of the time catching up on online courses I take.

Buuuut, learning programming doesn't need net for some stuff, so I've still been working on that.

Gonna be gone this weekend to check out mah friends apartment, but I'll be back to sweet activity after that.

~~Foxeh

Also, my friend did this PrizeRebel thing...it worked for him lol. So I decided to snag a psp game or two.

If you want to join it, use mah referral link Razz

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=871589

Gracias in advance. And yeah, I could care less if you completely ignore this whole little paragraph. xD
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheHydropanda
Newb
Newb
SherlockTheHydropanda

PostSubject: Re: Good news...I think?   Good news...I think? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:59 pm

At least since your homework you won't be called a nerd by ignorant people who don't know how to use a computer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news...I think?   Good news...I think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good news...I think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoTO Game Making Group :: General Discussion-
Jump to: