SoTO Game Making Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SoTO Game Making Group

Discuss and create a future project.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game idea 1

Go down 
+4
SherlockTheHydropanda
FoxHawx
007Ben
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

Game idea 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:03 pm

ivan62300:we haven't actually said it will be better than anything
ivan62300: We just hope it will be fun
loly: i know
loly: bets beter than doing nothing
SherlockTheDog: agrees with loly
loly: i dont have any art/program skils
(15:16:16) loly: but i know logic
(15:16:30) SherlockTheDog has a few art skills/progams
(15:16:35) loly: the game aint a 0% chanse ot made
(15:16:35) ivan62300: Well Josh we may not make a giant MMORPG that everyone plays but we can at least hope to make a nice community of players that joins the game and stays for the community
(15:17:31) SherlockTheDog: + well save some cash by making it an offline game first, then making it online
(15:17:43) SherlockTheDog: we'll
(15:18:01) loly: if my thinking i corect , small demo is pert of stage3
(15:18:15) SherlockTheDog: and who knows, it could just be an offline game
(15:18:50) SherlockTheDog: idea then art/programing then demo then offline game then online game
(15:18:53) loly: more % on sucses ^^
(15:18:56) SherlockTheDog: lolys logic stands
(15:18:59) ivan62300: no beta?
(15:19:02) ivan62300: no alpha?
(15:19:05) ivan62300: no gamma?
(15:19:12) SherlockTheDog: that's the demo
(15:19:17) loly: consider the demo one
(15:19:29) ivan62300: no zeta?
(15:19:47) loly: later we wrok out the deme to a browser game ike sony
(15:19:56) loly: for advertising purpus
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheHydropanda
Newb
Newb
SherlockTheHydropanda

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:18 pm

(16:15:57) ivan62300: How about a noob sheild at the begining?
(16:16:33) ivan62300: Or after the space pirates blow up ur planet, you control an armada that live on their ships
(16:17:02) ivan62300: And your HQ becomes a place floating in space rather than on a planet
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:21 pm

16:04:50) loly: but i woud lose the add's in combat mode
(16:05:53) SherlockTheDog I'd love to, but that's kinda how the game is funded...
(16:06:33) loly: and make a diff mode for combat and economic/non combat
(16:06:57) SherlockTheDog gives loly a job.
(16:07:09) loly: ...
(16:07:28) SherlockTheDog of figuring out what needs to be done for that sort of stuff.....
(16:07:52) loly: lol
(16:07:59) SherlockTheDog: btw, are you thinking of like an arial overveiw for the evonomic stuf?
(16:08:17) SherlockTheDog: economic*
(16:08:22) loly: like c&c or like this game
(16:08:32) SherlockTheDog: c&c?
(16:08:41) loly: ofcourse all building have a reg place
(16:09:18) loly: and i have a newb protec idea
(16:09:29) SherlockTheDog: sweet post them both
(16:09:40) loly: a psaceport is needed to atak
(16:09:44) loly: spaceport
(16:10:02) loly: without u cant be ataked
(16:10:10) SherlockTheDog wants people to become involved in the making of this game idea
(16:10:19) loly: and to prevent abuse of this
(16:10:34) loly: more than 50% of the building need the spaceport
(16:10:48) SherlockTheDog: ..........
(16:10:58) SherlockTheDog: people would just hord gold.....
(16:10:59) loly: so a player cna prepare basic def befor enabling PVP
(16:11:08) loly: max limiet ^^
(16:11:08) SherlockTheDog: then concor every one around them...
(16:11:42) SherlockTheDog: loly..............you're a genious some times
(16:12:00) SherlockTheDog: PLEASE post that in the game idea 1 thread
(16:12:31) loly: maybe tomorow
(16:12:56) loly: btx u cant desrtoy the spaceport
(16:13:06) loly: eve not by hostpitle atakes
(16:13:25) loly: its an upg of ur HQ or somting
(16:13:51) loly: and thos "hold up" thing can only be doen at ur begin planet

just posting chat logs, because they bring up questions answers and awsome ideas.
Back to top Go down
007Ben
Newb
Newb
007Ben

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:16 am

holy crap Sherlock, you've been busy! game looks pretty good too
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:25 am

ok, to make it it where it's also a 1st person sim, you can walk around the city as one of your troops (planned) and you can talk to the native people who live there (the add-on), and you can improve there mood via adding entertainment buildings.

Name - cost(1 to 10) - ability - effect - health(1 to 10) - building speed(1 to 10)
+ upgrade name - cost - effect - heath increase (+number) - building speed

Entertainment - 2 - entertainment - improves the mood of people within it's radious - 5 - 9
+ Big Screen - 2 - doubles radius - +2 - 8
++ Live Concorts - 3 - doubles radius - +! - 7
+++ 3D Effects - 4 - doubles radius - +2 - 5

I'll make more buildings and stuff latter, I like where this game is going Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DoomGuy
Promising User
Promising User
DoomGuy

Location : On the midnight train going aannyyyy-wwhheeeerrreee.

PostSubject: Wow..   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:04 pm

This sounds like it's going to be an amazing game. :]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zf9hBCa0ng&eurl=http://vwcaraoke
loly
Newb
Newb
loly

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:40 pm

idea for some names

-requim of man (man as in mankind)
-opiratsion hissatsu
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:40 pm

loly wrote:
idea for some names

-requim of man (man as in mankind)
-opiratsion hissatsu

what does "opiratsion hissatsu" mean in english? (I'm all for using nonenglish names Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
DoomGuy
Promising User
Promising User
DoomGuy

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:17 pm

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, seeing how I just skimmed through this a moment ago to get the gist of the game, but I have a few ideas of my own.

Have it so that there are different time periods. For example:
  • When you make a character, you start out in the earliest age (Glacial Age for my idea).
  • When you are in the stone age, the armor you can have is types of cloth and couple of the weapons you can have is a club and a poor quality bow with poor quality obsidian arrows.
  • As you level up, more actions are available to you (Quests), that will allow you to proceed through the ages.
  • To leave the Glacial Age, you have to do a certain quest where you'll end up getting trapped in ice, and emerging in the Stone Age, and to leave the Stone Age, you have to do a quest where you learn how to swim and you swim to another continent or something like that.
  • The ages could go as following: Glacial, Stone, Ancient, Classical, Medieval, Gunpowder, Enlightenment, Modern, Information, Space, etc.. (This was mostly take from here.
  • If you try to go back an age (Ancient to Stone for example), you'll be swimming back, a giant fish will eat you, and you'll respawn in the age you're supposed to be in.
  • During the Space Age and above it, you'll be able to travel throughout the universe depending on certain requirements. (Knowledge of location through quest, skill, or something else).

This is all I have so far, and I'm going to try to think of more when I'm finished with my homework. ^^

Quick Edit: When you reach other planets, you're weapons and armor from the last planet you were on may be either super effective or completely useless for your surroundings.

Last edited by DoomGuy on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding an idea.)
Back to top Go down
loly
Newb
Newb
loly

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:45 am

the plan is that we start at the space age
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:48 pm

DoomGuy wrote:
I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet, seeing how I just skimmed through this a moment ago to get the gist of the game, but I have a few ideas of my own.

Have it so that there are different time periods. For example:
  • When you make a character, you start out in the earliest age (Glacial Age for my idea).
  • When you are in the stone age, the armor you can have is types of cloth and couple of the weapons you can have is a club and a poor quality bow with poor quality obsidian arrows.
  • As you level up, more actions are available to you (Quests), that will allow you to proceed through the ages.
  • To leave the Glacial Age, you have to do a certain quest where you'll end up getting trapped in ice, and emerging in the Stone Age, and to leave the Stone Age, you have to do a quest where you learn how to swim and you swim to another continent or something like that.
  • The ages could go as following: Glacial, Stone, Ancient, Classical, Medieval, Gunpowder, Enlightenment, Modern, Information, Space, etc.. (This was mostly take from here.
  • If you try to go back an age (Ancient to Stone for example), you'll be swimming back, a giant fish will eat you, and you'll respawn in the age you're supposed to be in.
  • During the Space Age and above it, you'll be able to travel throughout the universe depending on certain requirements. (Knowledge of location through quest, skill, or something else).

This is all I have so far, and I'm going to try to think of more when I'm finished with my homework. ^^

Quick Edit: When you reach other planets, you're weapons and armor from the last planet you were on may be either super effective or completely useless for your surroundings.

this could be good for another game Smile post it in more detain as game idea 2(or if you have a name for it, post the name Wink )
Back to top Go down
DoomGuy
Promising User
Promising User
DoomGuy

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:37 pm

loly wrote:
the plan is that we start at the space age
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO wrote:
this could be good for another game Smile post it in more detain as game idea 2(or if you have a name for it, post the name Wink )
k & will do Smile
Back to top Go down
SephirothX
Newb
Newb
SephirothX

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 6:55 pm

I'm a bit confused on what type of game this is. Is it a fps/sim game? Village/planet management game (like Tribal Wars or Travian, except more space-based)? RPG (specifically more of controlling your character)? Something where you can control your rocketship/fleet/etc. (something like this game)? If I can get an idea on what type it will be, I'll be able to produce more ideas based specifically on the genre and gameplay. Smile

Also, will any of the special content be part of a premium feature to keep the game afloat? Or will it all just be free?
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am

SephirothX wrote:
I'm a bit confused on what type of game this is. Is it a fps/sim game? Village/planet management game (like Tribal Wars or Travian, except more space-based)? RPG (specifically more of controlling your character)? Something where you can control your rocketship/fleet/etc. (something like this game)? If I can get an idea on what type it will be, I'll be able to produce more ideas based specifically on the genre and gameplay. Smile

Also, will any of the special content be part of a premium feature to keep the game afloat? Or will it all just be free?

ok, let me try to clarify things a bit. It's a first person shooter that is 3D and doesn't have a main character. it's a combo of a city/planet managemet game and a first person shooter. your space fleet is in 3rd or 1st person veiw when flying/fighting. you comand your ground troops by creating difrent stratogies in the stratogies planer. the only premium pacage thing is having your main ship redesigned, based off a design you submit and have a troops armor get a new paint job of the buyers choice.

did that help clarify things a bit more?
Back to top Go down
SephirothX
Newb
Newb
SephirothX

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Ah.. okay, seems a little bit clearer now. Will resources be involved? And will it have some sort of map of the galaxy or universe?
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:57 am

hmmm...ok resorses......

Gold/$ name: for buying anything

Food: for housing

Steel: for troops, buildings and space craft

fuel: for troops and power factiories

anti-mater: for space ships and powerful turrets

Power: for turrets and buildings

I'll edit a few things latter when I have time.
Back to top Go down
crise7
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: SWEET   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 5:04 pm

I like the idea. Nice thinking.
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:58 pm

updated buildings post
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheHydropanda
Newb
Newb
SherlockTheHydropanda

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:42 pm

I have an idea, to be more realistic how about the only way you can expand your map is by having explorers or scouts go to certain places and spend a little time at each place exploring and expanding your map.
Back to top Go down
DoomGuy
Promising User
Promising User
DoomGuy

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:57 pm

SherlockTheHydropanda wrote:
I have an idea, to be more realistic how about the only way you can expand your map is by having explorers or scouts go to certain places and spend a little time at each place exploring and expanding your map.
That's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:17 am

hmmm...... so kinda like a fog of war type thing right? I don't see why we can't add that Smile
Back to top Go down
DoomGuy
Promising User
Promising User
DoomGuy

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:12 pm

SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO wrote:

hmmm...... so kinda like a fog of war type thing right? I don't see why we can't add that Smile
I like that kind of thing in games. :3
Back to top Go down
007Ben
Newb
Newb
007Ben

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:26 pm

i like the idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game idea 1   Game idea 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game idea 1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2