SoTO Game Making Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SoTO Game Making Group

Discuss and create a future project.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So my suggestion.

Go down 
+3
loly
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Some may call me a pessimist, but I prefer to call myself a realist.

Sherlock's idea is... amazing. Honestley, if this game comes into being... it'll be great... hands down.

As you know, we are searching for a programmer at the moment. We cannot be picky, someone willing to program for no money up front would be a huge blessing to this game. In fact, I'm pretty sure our game will run on ad revenue... so hopefully we can compensate our staff some with that. This is all much down the road, when we have the game up and running.

Anyways, back on topic. This idea Sherlock has, sounds really awesome. However, it will be brutal to find a programmer willing to help out some noobs like us to make this. If we do find one, that would be... amazing hahah. So here's my idea.

When we find a programmer, we assess his talents. Personally, I doubt we will turn away anyone with programming knowledge... since me and Sherlock have next to none. If he can make Sherlock's idea, then great... I'm pretty sure it'll be a huge success. However, on the realistic chance that this programmer does not have the talent... we need to have some more ideas handy so that he/she can pick something they CAN do. So don't be afraid to enter your own game suggestion! I'm cooking one up, and Sherlock's got tons of progress on his. Even if your idea isn't chosen, we may still pull ideas from it to help make ours (with credit givin to you of course).

In short, we really need to make sure we don't bank on just one idea... get your gears grinding and come up with something great!

~Foxeh
Back to top Go down
https://sotogmg.forumotion.net
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 9:26 pm

I agree 100% start those ideas rolling! I know Doc has one Wink
Back to top Go down
loly
Newb
Newb
loly

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:31 pm

by simplyfiing the idea we may reqiure less ksiled programers
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:59 pm

loly: do you want to refraze that?
Back to top Go down
DoomGuy
Promising User
Promising User
DoomGuy

Location : On the midnight train going aannyyyy-wwhheeeerrreee.

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:25 am

Admin wrote:
...it will be brutal to find a programmer willing to help out some noobs like us to make this.
Hey guys, I may be able to help you out. I am a beginning programmer, so what I've read so far of Sherlock's idea, I highly doubt I'll be able to do at the moment, but with everyone else's simplified ideas for games and whatnot, I would get much needed training, and once I have a great enough knowledge of the common programming languages (C++, HTML, and Flash), I'd be more than happy to help you guys out with whatever you want. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zf9hBCa0ng&eurl=http://vwcaraoke
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:51 pm

yay Very Happy (it'll also help me get more skilled in modling)
Back to top Go down
DoomGuy
Promising User
Promising User
DoomGuy

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:40 pm

SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO wrote:
Cool, and once I'm finished with my "Hello World!" code, my game idea(the one that's going into game idea 2) will probably be the one that I'm going to attempt to do first.(or something similar)
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:08 pm

DoomGuy wrote:
Cool, and once I'm finished with my "Hello World!" code, my game idea(the one that's going into game idea 2) will probably be the one that I'm going to attempt to do first.(or something similar)

I'd sugest just trying to do a simple 3D game like flying a plane around or driving a tank and shooting at targets first, before trying to go head first into 3D game making Wink
Back to top Go down
DoomGuy
Promising User
Promising User
DoomGuy

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:39 am

DoomGuy wrote:

I'd sugest just trying to do a simple 3D game like flying a plane around or driving a tank and shooting at targets first, before trying to go head first into 3D game making Wink
Well, I was hoping that I could start with 2 Dimensional games, or game with a bird's eye view (Games from the Command & Conquesr series for example) before I really got into 3 Dimensional things.
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 1:06 pm

DoomGuy wrote:
DoomGuy wrote:

Well, I was hoping that I could start with 2 Dimensional games, or game with a bird's eye view (Games from the Command & Conquesr series for example) before I really got into 3 Dimensional things.

that sounds like a plan Wink if you need any art, cotact Liz. I'm pritty sure she'd be glad to help you Wink
Back to top Go down
DoomGuy
Promising User
Promising User
DoomGuy

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:41 pm

DoomGuy wrote:
DoomGuy wrote:

that sounds like a plan Wink if you need any art, cotact Liz. I'm pritty sure she'd be glad to help you Wink
Will do.
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheHydropanda
Newb
Newb
SherlockTheHydropanda

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Ummm I'm an expert video gamer so I can... Beta test?
Back to top Go down
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO
Active User
Active User
SherlockTheDogfrom SOTO

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 am

dido on that request Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SephirothX
Newb
Newb
SephirothX

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:35 pm

People who joined the forums should pre-alpha test it, then alpha, then pre-beta, then beta. Lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FoxHawx
Newb
Newb
FoxHawx

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Then pre-gamma, gamma, pre-delta, delta, pre-epsilon, epsilon, pre-zeta, zeta, pre-eta, eta.
Yeah I'll quit.

Lulz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So my suggestion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: So my suggestion.   So my suggestion. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So my suggestion.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoTO Game Making Group :: The Game Discussion-
Jump to: